Officials Chair | Mike McPoyle
Director of Development | Referees
Assignor East | KRVA Office
Assignor West | Joe Hardiman
Referee Rating Rally for New Officials
KRVA is hosting another Rating Rally for new and re-certifying referees this year! The event will be held at the PA Farm Show Complex on December 9 and 10, 2017. To sign up or for more information, please contact our events department.
The Rating Rally is open for registration on AES for new and recertifying officials. Please sign up ASAP under 2017 Keystone Junior Boys Rally.
Prior to the season starting, all officials need to fulfill the requirements below to be assigned to events. (PA 153 clearances, Safesport, and Concussion Training) Please also check the downloads on the right side of the screen for requirements of each certification level.
Not sure what you are missing? Contact KRVA to learn what other requirements you need to fulfill.
Regional Officials are rated every THIRD year to recertify:
- Regional Officials whose last name begins with A through G will be rated in the 2018-19 season
- Regional Officials whose last name begins with H through P will be rated in the 2019-20 season
- Regional Officials whose last name begins with Q through Z will be rated in the 2017-18 season
If you are presently a NFHS or PAVO official and are interested in becoming a USAV official, please contact the Referee Chairperson for possible reciprocity of certification levels and a more expedited process.
Please complete the 2017-18 KRVA Post Event Report after each event.
Background Check Requirements for a PA 153 Clearance
All referees that intend to work at any KRVA tournament (BANE, KRVA Girl's Bid, and KRVA Girls Championship must comply with PA Act 153. Below are the links needed to complete the 3 background check requirements. Upon completion, please e-mail your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Criminal History Record from the PA State Police (PATCH) system
- Child Abuse Clearance obtained through the Department of Public Welfare
- FBI Fingerprint screening (this does not include volunteers with ten year consistent PA residence)
To take the SafeSport Training, you must have a current USAV membership. If you are not a current member, you must first register/renew. Once a current member, follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Webpoint Account (link on the left of this page)
- Click "USAV Clinics" on the left side of your screen
- Click "participant registration" for the SafeSport On-Demand: Two-Season Certification course
- Complete all steps of registration
- On final registration page click "Log into USAV Academy"
All coursework will be available in the USAV Academy. The course is comprised of 3 - 30 minute sessions. All 3 must be completed in order to receive a current certification. All adults working directly with Juniors are required to take this training, which includes all coaches, officials, club directors, tournament directors, and more.
Concussion Awareness Training and Certification
All coaches and officials are required to take concussion awareness training and submit a certificate to the KRVA office. Take the training here and learn more about why this training is so important for officials here.