Officials Chair | Mike McPoyle
Director of Development | Referees
Assignor East | KRVA Office
Assignor West | Joe Hardiman
Background Check Requirements for a PA 153 Clearance
All referees that intend to work at any KRVA tournament (BANE, KRVA Girl's Bid, and KRVA Girls Championship must comply with PA Act 153. Below are the links needed to complete the 3 background check requirements. Upon completion, please e-mail your documentation to email@example.com.
- Criminal History Record from the PA State Police (PATCH) system
- Child Abuse Clearance obtained through the Department of Public Welfare
- FBI Fingerprint screening (this does not include volunteers with ten year consistent PA residence)
To take the SafeSport Training, you must have a current USAV membership. If you are not a current member, you must first register/renew. Once a current member, follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Webpoint Account (link on the left of this page)
- Click "USAV Clinics" on the left side of your screen
- Click "participant registration" for the SafeSport On-Demand: Two-Season Certification course
- Complete all steps of registration
- On final registration page click "Log into USAV Academy"
All coursework will be available in the USAV Academy. The course is comprised of 3 - 30 minute sessions. All 3 must be completed in order to receive a current certification. All adults working directly with Juniors are required to take this training, which includes all coaches, officials, club directors, tournament directors, and more.
Concussion Awareness Training and Certification
All coaches and officials are required to take concussion awareness training and submit a certificate to the KRVA office. Take the training here and learn more about why this training is so important for officials here.
For more resources such as the current DCR, uniform compliance and vendors, advancement information, and more please visit the USA Volleyball Referee Training and Education website.