I have the right to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- share in the leadership and decision making of your athlete
- approach the leadership of the club organization with which you are involved
- cheer for your child in a positive manner
- verify your coaches/team qualifications
- ask questions and receive answers
- ensure that the adults involved with your child are positive role models
- talk to parents, other players and/or other clubs
- have your child tryout without discrimination
- request a clear disclosure of financial obligations
- have a written clubs statement of philosophy
- be informed about your child’s role on the team
- have your child tryout out for more than one club and be allowed time to make a decision as specified by the tryoutpolicy
- the knowledge of the time, travel and financial commitment of your involvement with the club/team
- knowledge of how many spots are available before tryouts begin
- remove your child from an event/practice if you feel it is unsafe for your child to continue without repercussions
- know that all club affiliated staff are members of the KRVA and background checked
- ask your club director if they adhere to all State and Federal business requirements and laws
- be aware of the Bayou Regions Zero Tolerance Policy
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child’s many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.