A new uniform rule is in place for the 2018-19 season. Rule 126.96.36.199:
NOTE: Beginning with the 2018-2019 season, the color of the number must clearly contrast with the color of the jersey irrespective of any border around the number.
Beside is a photo of two examples that will NOT be legal this upcoming season.
Although the border around the number helps make the number more visible, the border will no longer be a factor when judging if the number is clearly visible and contrasting on the jersey.
For more resources such as the current DCR, uniform compliance and vendors, advancement information, and more please visit the USA Volleyball Referee Training and Education website.
HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT UNIFORM COMPLIANCE?
Officials that have a question on the compliance of a jersey can fill out the form below with their question.
If the official is able to submit photos of the front and back of the uniform in question, that would be very helpful. There is a place on the form to upload images.
The region will review the inquiry and take necessary action if a uniform violation has occurred.
OFFICIAL UNIFORM FOR USAV REFEREES AND SCORERS
- The USAV volleyball uniform shirt must be purchased from an approved volleyball vendor and is all white, polo-style, and has the following specifications:
- Approved official embroidered designation on the left sleeve.
- An optional pocket on the left side of the chest.
- Long or short sleeves.
- Appropriate USAV patch, which is worn on the right side of the chest
- Dark navy blue slacks that are pressed and in good repair (not faded).
- All white leather shoes with white crew socks.
- Black or dark navy blue leather belt.
- (Optional – approved for wear only through 12/31/14) An approved white V-neck sweater in100% cotton or Orlon with the approved official embroidered designation on the left side of the chest. The sweater is worn over the approved uniform shirt, and may be worn by either referee while officiating a match.
- (Optional – approved for wear only through 12/31/14) An approved white sleeveless vest worn over the approved uniform shirt. The vest may be worn by either referee while officiating a match.
New outer garments approved in 2013:
- Sport-Tek ¼ Zip Sweatshirt (F253) – white – to be purchased from an approved volleyball vendor
- Alo lightweight Jacket (Men’s-M4009, Women’s-W4009) – white – to be purchased from an approved volleyball vendor
- Logo placement FOR OUTER GARMENTS: Approved logo (“Volleyball Certified Official) shall be embroidered in polyester navy blue thread (thread color #2074 Marathon, #1643 Poly Medeira, #2768 Pantone or the equivalent). The size of the embroidered portion of the logo is 3” wide x 1.25” tall. The logo will be centered on the left side of the left sleeve, and shall be located 6-7” from the shoulder/sleeve seam for men and 5-6” from the sleeve seam for women
- Guidelines for wearing outer garments. Both the fleece-cadet and the jacket will be worn following these guidelines:
- If a patch is worn, it should be affixed in the right chest area.
- Uniform shirt must be worn underneath.
- Zipper in an appropriate location to allow the collar to be worn “polo-style” (not zipped to the top).
- Sleeves not pushed up.
- Nothing stored in the pocket.
Referees should also carry these items:
- Whistle attached to a lanyard.
- Red and Yellow sanction cards concealed from view.
- Timing device that can track seconds and minutes.
- Ball gauge.
- Ball pump.
- Net measuring device.
- Tossing coin.
- Current DCR