Points for seeding KRVA National Bid Qualifier, KRVA Club Challenge, and KRVA Regional Championship events are earned only by participating in KRVA and select USAV sanctioned events.
Seeding for these Regional events will be based on all tournament results reported and verified no later than 12 PM the Monday prior to each KRVA event.
Tournament Directors are required to submit their results by 5 pm on the Monday following their event.
USAV Qualifiers, Boston Volleyball Festival, and Capital Hill Classic results must be reported by the Club Director within 48 hours of the conclusion of the event. If the event is the weekend preceding a KRVA Region event (Bid, Club Challenge, or Championships), the results are still due by Monday at 12 PM.
Results will NOT be accepted from anyone other than the Club Director.
KRVA tournament directors are strongly encouraged to use these rankings to seed their own events.
SEEDING POINT VALUES
Seeding points earned for a particular tournament are calculated by linear interpolation of each team’s finishing place onto the following ranges:
|0-22||All OPEN Qualifiers|
|0 -20|| KRVA National Bid Qualifier|
All USA Qualifiers
|0-18||All AMERICAN Qualifiers|
| 0-17|| Boston Volleyball Festival: OPEN Division|
KRVA Regionals: National Division
All SELECT Qualifiers
|0-16||Capital Hill Classic: OPEN|
Boston Volleyball Festival: USA Division
East Coast Championships
KRVA Regionals: American Division
|0-15||ECP Challenge: OPEN/Challenge Division|
Capital Hill Classic: Patriot Division
Boston Volleyball Festival: American Division
Prez day Classic
KRVA Club Challenge
| 0-14|| KRVA National 16 or more team tournament|
ECP Challenge: American Division
Capital Hill Classic: Club Division
Boston Volleyball Festival: Club Division
| 0-13|| KRVA American 16 or more team tournament|
|0-12||KRVA Regional 16 or more team tournament|
|0-11||KRVA National 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-10||KRVA American 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-9||KRVA Regional 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-8||KRVA National 7 or less team tournament|
|0-7||KRVA American 7 or less team tournament|
|0-6||KRVA Regional 7 or less team tournament|
|0-22|| All OPEN Bid Tournaments|
|0-20||All USA Bid Tournaments|
|0-18||All Club Bid Tournaments|
|0-16|| KRVA 16 or more team tournament|
|0-12|| KRVA 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-10||KRVA 7 or less team tournament|
Points of Note
- If a team plays in the next higher age division (e.g. 14’s team plays in a 15’s tournament), regardless of their finish they will receive 1 point for that tournament
- On the team results, there are two columns of points:
- Total Points — The total points a team has earned from playing in KRVA and select USAV sanctioned events
- Average Points — This is used for tie breakers for KRVA National Bid Qualifier, KRVA Club Challenge, and KRVA Regional Championship seeding
- All requests for verification of team’s results must come through a Club director or coach of that team. Requests will not be accepted from
- Club director or coach asking to verify any other teams or clubs results other than their own
- Levels for certain tournaments may be designated as “adjusted”. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the circumstances leading to any of those adjustments.
- If coaches or club directors have any questions about the seeding system, please contact email@example.com