Seeding for the KRVA National Bid Qualifier, Keystone Challenge, and KRVA Regional Championship will be based on all tournament results reported and verified through the Monday preceding each tournament. Seeding will be based on the coefficient of the top 4 finishes. Ties will be broken by the average points of the top 4 finishes. If a team competes in less than 4 events, they will be counted as zeros.
No points shall be awarded for events following the KRVA Regional Championships.
USAV Qualifiers, Boston Volleyball Festival, and Capital Hill Classic results must be reported by the Club Director within 48 hours of the conclusion of the event. If the event is the weekend preceding a KRVA Region event (Bid, Club Challenge, or Championships), the results are still due by Monday at 12 PM.
Results will NOT be accepted from anyone other than the Club Director.
KRVA tournament directors are strongly encouraged to use these rankings to seed their own events.
SEEDING POINT VALUES
Seeding points earned for a particular tournament are calculated by linear interpolation of each team’s finishing place onto the following ranges:
|0-22||All OPEN Qualifiers|
|0 -20||All USA Qualifiers|
|0-18||All AMERICAN Qualifiers|
|0-17||All SELECT Qualifiers|
|0-16|| KRVA National Bid Qualifier|
KRVA Regional Championships
Boston Volleyball Festival
Capital Hill Classic
Prez Day Classic
OVR Presidents Day Cup
|0-14||KRVA National 16 or more team tournament|
|0-13||KRVA American 16 or more team tournament|
|0-12||KRVA Regional 16 or more team tournament|
|0-11||KRVA National 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-10||KRVA American 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-9||KRVA Regional 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-8||KRVA National 7 or less team tournament|
|0-7||KRVA American 7 or less team tournament|
|0-6||KRVA Regional 7 or less team tournament|
|0-22|| All OPEN Bid Tournaments|
|0-20||All USA Bid Tournaments|
|0-18||All Club Bid Tournaments|
|0-16|| KRVA 16 or more team tournament|
|0-12|| KRVA 15 to 8 team tournament|
|0-10||KRVA 7 or less team tournament|
Points of Note
- If a team plays in the next higher age division (e.g. 14’s team plays in a 15’s tournament), regardless of their finish they will receive 1 point for that tournament
- On the team results, there are two columns of points:
- Total Points — The total points a team has earned from playing in KRVA and select USAV sanctioned events in their top 4 finishes
- Average Points — This is used for tie breakers for KRVA National Bid Qualifier, KRVA Club Challenge, and KRVA Regional Championship seeding. A teams top 4 finishes are used.
- All requests for verification of team’s results must come through a Club director or coach of that team. Requests will NOT be accepted from
- Club director or coach asking to verify any other teams or clubs results other than their own
- Levels for certain tournaments may be designated as “adjusted”. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the circumstances leading to any of those adjustments.
- If coaches or club directors have any questions about the seeding system, please contact email@example.com