OFFERS (GIRLS’ CLUBS ONLY)
Offers made to players by clubs should be via email and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT send to the junior chairperson or email@example.com directly. The emails are archived for future reference. Please refer to the 2018-19 Junior Operating Codes regarding the acceptance of offers and the recruiting policy.
Tryout and Recruiting Policy
Club representatives include the Club Director, all coaches, chaperones, and club/team representatives or anyone representing the club in any capacity including parents and other unaffiliated members of any kind. Contact includes flyers, phone calls, text messages, emails, comments and conversation.
- All players are considered released from their present Clubs at the conclusion of the GJNC (Boys March 15).
- Club Representatives may NOT contact any players for any reason; the only exception being players that were on team rosters and played for their Club in the previous season.
- Club representatives that switch Clubs during the season or off-season may NOT contact players from their previous Club.
- This policy applies to players of all ages/skill levels.
- Clubs may contact parents of the players at any time throughout the year
- Playing contracts, invitations or offers can be made any time throughout the year between Clubs and parents, however:
- Contracts, invitations and/or offers made prior to the announced start of the tryout period each year shall be considered non-binding
- NO money to play, team fees, expenses, or funds of any kind (or deposits on such) may be accepted by, or paid to, a Club until after the beginning of the tryout period. (Tryout cost is not a team fee).
- Written acceptance of any offer to play for a club must be submitted in writing via e-mail to the Club Director and cc’d to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playing contracts, promises, invitations or offers can NEVER be made with or to players at any time of year.
- Each year, the relevant Junior’s chair shall designate and announce the date(s) for the start of tryouts for each age group at the Region’s annual planning meeting. The date(s) shall be posted on the appropriate pages of the regions website no later than September 1st.
- Once a Club (through a player’s parent) offers a player a position on a team roster, the offer must remain open, without changes in conditions, for a minimum of 96 hours from the date/time of the offer as time stamped on the e-mailed offer unless the offer is declined, in writing, prior to the expiration of the offer period. Once an offer is accepted, in writing, it is binding to that club unless the player is released in accordance with provisions of the relevant governing documents. Binding offers cannot be made to any player until the start of the tryout period. All written correspondence must be submitted via email.
- All offers must be in writing and e-mailed with a cc to email@example.com.
- The Region will not become involved in contractual or monetary issues between the Club and its players or parents except if the terms of the contract are in violation of either the USAV ‟s or the Region’s regulations, Codes of Conduct or Ethics, or Governing Documents.
- If any Club Representative is contacted directly by a player, the team representative must respond that all questions must come from a parent. The Club Representative may, however, ask the player for contact information for her parent or instruct the player to have her parent contact the Club, providing contact information for the Club Director.
- High school coaches, administrators or teachers may not pressure athletes into playing for a specific Club. The Region can take no action unless the violation is reported, in writing to the via the KRVA Violation Report Form. All suspected violations should be reported immediately.
Clubs that violate these tryout and recruiting rules will be subject to discipline and entitled to Due Process review, as provided in the KRVA Governing Documents. The Region can take no action unless the violation is reported, in writing to the relevant junior’s chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Violations may only be reported by the player or the player’s parents. KRVA is unable to take any action unless the reporting party is willing to go on record with their statement. All suspected violations should be reported immediately using the Violation Report Form found on the forms and documents page of the KRVA website.
Clubs are not required to hold tryouts. Clubs choosing to hold tryouts must obtain a KRVA sanction of the event. In order to receive sanction for tryouts, the host must first register a club with KRVA.
Every participant in the tryout must be a current member-in-good-standing of USA Volleyball. Participants may register with USAV using the regular Junior Membership or the Junior Tryout Membership. Tryout hosts must verify membership. One-day event memberships may NOT be used for tryouts. Any participant who cannot provide proof of current membership may not participate.
During tryout sessions the Region may send a Representative to explain the recruiting guidelines for the region to players and their parents/guardians. All teams are required to provide printed copies of the Region Recruiting Guidelines at all sanctioned tryouts. A copy of that handout is posted at www.krva.org and may be downloaded for distribution.
OUT OF REGION MEMBERSHIPS FOR CLUB TRYOUTS
KRVA recognizes all current USAV memberships for the purposes of tryouts. Once offers in the Keystone Region have been accepted players must become members or upgrade their membership in KRVA. Junior Boys may upgrade to full memberships beginning on October 4, 2018. Junior Girls may upgrade to full memberships beginning November 14, 2018.