TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR MANUAL – EDITORIAL UPDATES
The 2018-19 Tournament Director Manual was recently reviewed and edited to reflect the current Systems used by the region and clarify some region policies. The policies have remained the same.
TD POST EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The week following the event:
WEDNESDAY – TD Post Event Report must be completed: TD POST EVENT REPORT
WEDNESDAY – Rosters must be submitted to the office. These may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
All injury reports must be submitted to email@example.com within 48 hours.
Failure to submit requirements on time will affect TD Deposits. Read the TD Manual, Appendix E for more information about the TD Deposit return policy.
*the only exception to Reporting Results is if the event is using an event system to schedule the event (i.e. TM2Sign or AES). In this case, let the office know and we will find the results in the system.
TM2SIGN FOR TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS
All TD’s should have full access to their events in TM2Sign. If you have any trouble, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TM2 HELPFUL TIP – HOW TO VIEW DIVISION NUMBERS EASILY:
- Login to an event to see your team registrations
- Click on “Reports” (between the “registrations” and “edit” buttons)
- Click on “Division Summary”
On the Division Summary you can see a lot of information. On the right of the table, you see Total Teams Registered, Accepted, and Maximum Number of Teams…. Much easier than going to the divisions page!
CLICK HERE to download the TM2Sign TD Manual: Event Registrations and Management.
The 2018-19 TD Manual is at the top of the downloads list on the right of this page.
Please remember to check the TM2Sign TD Event Management Manual and the Tournament Director Manual for answers. Just about everything you need to know is in one of these!
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE REQUEST
This year all COI requests for tournaments will be filled out online HERE.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Register as an “adult with juniors” and submit a background screen application through USA Volleyball for the current season
- Complete and submit 2018-19 Tournament Director Application
- Safesport Certificate
- Complete Concussion Training Certificate and submit to KRVA Events
The tournament Director and their designated on-site director must adhere to all the KRVA policies and procedures applicable to the sanctioned event as set forth in the Tournament Director Manual which include but are not limited to:
- All tournament participants must be verified by the Tournament Director as being currently registered with USAV
- All adults contracted by the Tournament Director for on-site staff within the event must be verified by the TD as having a current, cleared USAV- approved background screen and pass Pennsylvania state screening requirements per KRVA policy
- A certificate of insurance for each sanctioned event must be requested through the KRVA office
SITE DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a current KRVA member in good standing with an Adult with Juniors membership
- Must have a current background screen in webpoint
- Pass Pennsylvania state screening requirements per Region policy
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have Safesport Certificate
- Concussion Training Certificate submitted to KRVA Registration
- Must be onsite at all times
- May not be coaching any team at any time during the event
- May not be chief referee
- Any change to the onsite director must be emailed a minimum of two weeks prior to the event
Checklist for New Venues
The following are required of all venues that are used for KRVA tournaments.
- Minimum of 6’6 ¾” of playable area surrounding all sides of the court
- Court dimensions of 59’ x 29’6” as per the current Domestic Competition Rulebook (DCR)
- Lines of 2” wide and of a color that contrasts with the floor and other lines. Lines include both side lines and end lines, as well as the attack lines at 9’10” from the center line and the center line so each side is an equal 29’6”
- Net set up per the current DCR
- Net height of 7’11 5/8” for men, 7’4 1/8” for women and boys 14 and under, and 7’0” for 12 and under for girls and boys.
- Two individual poles for each court (courts may not share one or both poles)
- The net is 39” wide and 31’6” to 33’
- Two antennae 5’11” long
- Team Bench area
- Appropriate Officials stands (or adequate standing room of 2 meters in between courts)
- Appropriate padding for all equipment
- Score table and chairs for each court
- Adequate working restrooms for attendees (i.e. one bathroom with one stall for a 10-team tournament is not sufficient)
- Ample Parking Availability (If space is limited, it must be in the tournament description on the event system)
- Spectator seating / space outside of the 2-meter free zone surrounding each court
- Concessions available (if none are available, that must be in the tournament description on the event system)
To get a new venue approved, email email@example.com with the name and address of the building, as well as information regarding the checklist above and possible issues. KRVA will only sanction events at approved locations.
Below are downloads for all requirements and info for the 2018-19 season. If you have any questions, contact Chynna at firstname.lastname@example.org.